Position Title: Plasma Table Operator/CNC Burning Machine Operator
Work location: All Warehouse Locations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of CNC computer driven burning machine in a safe and efficient manner
- Operation of non-computerized track burning machine in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to read and understand Chapel Steel work orders and fill out correctly
- Operation of plasma or flame-cutting torches when required
- Effectively use all tools associated with performing duties including reading tape measures, calipers, etc.
- Provide direction to Warehouse Assistant assigned to machine area
- Operation of all equipment needed in workstation such as overhead and wall cranes, hand torches, electro magnets, etc.
- Knowledge of specific speeds, fuel settings, tips and plasma consumables required to cut various thickness of steel.
- Miscellaneous duties as necessary
Reports to: Plant Manager, Foreman
Reports Indirectly to: Branch Manager
Direct Reports: None
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Position Requirements: Computer literate, ability to stand/walk 90% of work shift, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when required, ability to function in adverse climate conditions (heat, cold).
Desired Minimum Requirements: Minimum of one-year burning experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of specific speeds, fuel settings, tips and plasma consumables required to cut various thickness’ of steel. Ability to tactfully deal with customers, internal Sales Representatives, coworkers & vendors as necessary. Must be able to read blueprints or drawings.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand/walk on concrete surface 90%+ of work shift in adverse climate conditions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as necessary. Bending and stooping required apx. 50% of work day. Ability to step up (ascend) and down (descend) steps (on burning table).
Special Requirements: Must wear proper protective gear including steel tip boots, metatarsals recommended, proper safety glasses or welding shield depending on duty performed.
Tools and Equipment Used: Tape measures, micrometer, hand grinder, CNC controlled cutting machine, remote operated overhead cranes, forklifts.